Friday, March 28, 2008

Making Each Day Count

Life has never been better! I know that I just wrote about losing a dear friend of long acquaintance. That just gives us a moment to reflect on where we are and how we're doing. You know, add up the score...when I add up my score my life is amazing. My husband is healthy, I'm healthy, our children and grandchildren are healthy.

You know, I believe, the Universe gives us exactly what we ask for. I always ask for good things. My thoughts are never negative...I guess I'm just a "perpetual optimist" and have been for almost all my life. Even when life was difficult, I always knew it would get better. Those thoughts, that knowing, always made it better. I believe that if you think good thoughts, you get good things! So I always think good thoughts.

If only I had written this down years ago, I might have made as much money as Rhonda Byrne, the author of "The Secret". It seems to me that I have been practicing these principles all of my life. It just never occurred to me to write it down. Imagine if I had. Who knows what life would be like today.

But I don't think it could be any better than it is right now. That's the lesson in life. Live in the moment, because it's those moments that make a life. Whether it's a happy time or a difficult time, all those times make us who we are today. Since we are not promised more than today, isn't it better if you like who you are today.

Many years ago, when life was a little more difficult, I used to "fake it". In other words, I would put a smile on my face for the outside world and amazingly enough, in a short time I would be happier. There is nothing like a smile, it truly makes your whole body feel better. Try it the next time you're down. Just smile, see how long it takes to feel better. You will find it's not long at all.

I've probably said this before, but who cares! Live every day as if it is your last, love truly and deep, always say your sorry and mean it or better yet, don't do anything you have to be sorry for, keep your friends close, you never know when you'll need them and always smile.

Smiling,
Neelie

No comments: