Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Life We Create

How is it possible that another year has come and gone. Their are many people I know who were not unhappy to see 2007 out and 2008 begin. 2007 was a year, for many, me included, that was filled with challenges. Fortunately, I look at challenge as a time for growth. It is the way I am made. I've said before, that what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. I know I'm not the 1st person to say that, and I'm certain I won't be the last.

I do, however, truly believe it. Only during those moments that life is challenging, only when we come to the fork in the road, do we know what we are made of. I believe I am made of steel! I know I am made of steel. For when times are trying, I am always able to see the finish line and I always know I'm going to win.

Perhaps, you will say to yourself, how does she know this? I know this because of my soul. I know this because I am one with the Universe. I know this because it is so. There have been many times in my life when it would have been so easy to give up. But what fun would that have been. If one comes for the show, shouldn't we stay for the last act. I intend to be here for the last act and I know it will be great.

Many times in my life I have been called a "Pollyanna". Guilty as charged. For I believe there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I resist falling into the trap of "poor me". The moment one allows that to come into their life, the only thing they draw to themselves is negativity. I am not now, nor have I ever been, negative.

Fortunately, I always see the glass half full. I always see that all we have to do is ask and the Universe will provide. It makes me lucky to be this way because people like to be around me. I'm fun! No one wants to be with people who are mopey. I know I've told the story of my neighbor who had it all, yet always complained.

She had very few people in her life. The ones that were there, I believe, were there because they wanted to go out on the boat she owned. Sad, for them and for her. I would rather be at home, alone, then to be in the company of a negative person. I like my own company. I like being alone.

The life I have created is one of joy and laughter. It makes me happy and allows me to draw happy people into my world. Again, this makes me lucky. The Dali Lama, when asked what the purpose of life is, replied "to be happy". Well, I guess that puts me in good company. For, I am, happy.

Happiness is a feeling that replicates itself in everything we do and in everyone we come in contact with. Have you ever noticed that when you are truly happy, it is impossible for others in your company, not to also be happy. Happiness is contagious. It is a disease that is worth catching.

So for tonight, I wish you happiness and joy. Delight in your life...we don't know what the next one will bring.

Happily,

Neelie

No comments: